TRON is a world-leading blockchain-based decentralized protocol that aims to construct a worldwide free content entertainment system with the blockchain and distributed storage technology. The protocol allows each user to freely publish, store and own data, and in the decentralized autonomous form, decides the distribution, subscription, and push of contents and enables content creators by releasing, circulating and dealing with digital assets, thus forming a decentralized content entertainment ecosystem.
What does that mean?
The root issue of the internet is that everything is hosted on central data centers of Facebook, Amazon, Netfilx, and Google plus some other “small” companies like drop box and such. This is a huge issue, because when you use these services that are “free” you are really paying by selling all the information you provide them in which tell sell to other people extending from anything you type to pictures and videos you upload. Additionally, especially with net neutrality being repealed, large companies will be able to prioritize themselves over competition, forcing you to pay a premium for your entertainment.
TRON is a solution to that because it is aiming to be the foundation of a entirely new internet protocol. Data will be stored in fragments around the network that is provided by miners, truly decentralizing the internet. Its a self sustaining economy in which everyone provides a bit of storage to the network in reward for TRX and in turn that TRX is used by you consuming entertainment. In this way entertainment providers can realistically generate reliable income based off the popularity of their content.
Why is development taking so long?
The web right now is built with whats called HTTP protocol and pre-made commands and functions already exist for developers to use. Because TRON’s goal is to completely revolutionize the outdated HTTP protocol, much of the coding has to be done from scratch.
Where can I buy TRON?
Currently there are very limited places to directly buy TRON directly with FIAT money (government issued money). It can however be exchanged in a number of websites for bitcoin. Here are the steps you need to take:
1) Create an account at an exchange where you can purchase bitcoin or ethereum using fiat currencies. Buy bitcoin or ethereum. Here is a website that can help you find such exchange: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com (a side note is that ethereum usually transfers faster and has cheaper fees. You will have to transfer your bitcoin or ethereum in step 4)
2) Create an account at an exchange that will exchange bitcoin/ethereum to TRX. Any of the exchanges listed in the right info bar or bottom of this post will work. The exchange with the highest volume of TRON is binance.com and will be used in this example.
3) In Binance, locate your online wallet by dropping down the funds tab in the top right and select deposit withdraw. If you bought bitcoin find the bitcoin section under coins and click deposit. Copy this address as it will give you the address you will send your bitcoin to. The process is the same for Ethereum.
4) Using the exchange you created in step 1 to originally buy your bitcoin/ethereum, locate your wallet there, and select the withdraw button to send your bitcoin or ethereum to binance using the address you copied.
5) After a while your bitcoin/ethereum will show up in binance in which you can exchange it for TRX.
Where do I store my TRON?
It is not recommended to store your funds long term on an exchange as exchanges can be hacked, be shut down, or do wallet maintenance. If you do, it is recommended you use 2 factor authentication. Currently there is not an official TRON wallet, save keeping it on their website, but hardware wallets are usually the best way to store your crypto long term. Our wiki page has a number of options you can use. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/wiki/wallets)
Social Links: Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/GW8P8EK7dhkzOwFmxnuwqA
Exchanges: Coinnest, Binance, Liqui, Gatecoin, Coinegg, HitBTC, Mercatox, Gate.io, CoolCoin, EtherDelta, Bit-Z, Qryptos